Please check back for any employment opportunities.
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Load and unload equipment.
- Secure loaded equipment per company procedure and inspect in transit if necessary
- Deliver and pick up equipment.
- Maintain accurate delivery and pick up records.
- Open and close the rental yard per company procedure.
- Secure customer signature on contract, if not already signed.
- Inform supervisor of difficulties with deliveries or pick ups.
- Inform management of new sales opportunities and job sites.
- Know specifics and applications of rental inventory, so you can answer questions upon delivery
- Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies
- While driving company vehicle:
- Serve as store representative
- Carry driver’s license at ALL times
- Observe all laws.
- Complete safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles
- Keep vehicles clean (interior and exterior)
- Notify manager of any scrapes, dents or scrapes.
- Notify manager of any mechanical difficulties
- Recommend equipment and related items to customers.
- Double check delivered items to make sure customers receive exactly what they ordered.
- Notify dispatch or store if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted.
- Instruct customers on safe equipment operation
- Start equipment for customers
- If equipment is missing or broken upon pick up, fill out appropriate forms and get customer’s signature. Turn in forms to rentals advisor. Tag and move broken equipment to repair area
- Report safety violations to supervisor
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulation in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
Will load and unload vehicles/trucks and deliver equipment in full or partial loads working with rentals advisor and yard personnel. Must service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner. May be required to assist customers with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions and order adjustments if necessary.
May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area, with the exception of several hours in the warehouse loading or unloading and drive time. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required. Some electrical equipment is delivered, although it is not a requirement to install or service the equipment. If lighting is required (the installation of extension cords and lamps) the drivers are provided with Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFI) breakers. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class 3 driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be familiar with local roads and be able to read a road map.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Must speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Apply in person to MacPherson Rentals, 117 Copper Road, Whitehorse, or by email to Kelly. Fernandes@macphersonrentals.com